Getting Started with Your Book Inspection Assignment
Ted Chodock, the class librarian, can help you find and borrow the books you need for this assignment. Please familiarize yourself with the assignment's requirements, posted in Canvas, before contacting him. Use the chat box below to ask him for assistance during his online office hours.
Virtual office hours for Spring 2022:
You can also email him: ted firstname.lastname@example.org to make an in-person or virtual appointment outside of office hours.
Set up a time to meet or email him with questions and he will respond within a day.
Also, any of the CSN librarians can help you find and borrow the books you need for this assignment. Use the chat box below or the email link, when chat isn't available, to get assistance.
Please note: If you need assistance quickly, please be sure to contact Ted before Friday at 3:45pm. On weekends he does not check emails as frequently. Chat, however, is available during the weekend, on Saturday from 9am - 5pm and Sunday 2pm - 11pm.
Using the CSN Libraries website, you can find a physical book or an ebook for this assignment. Here are the steps:
1) Go to the CSN Libraries homepage: https://library.csn.edu/
2) Click on the blue Find Books Tile to get to the Find Books webpage: https://library.csn.edu/find/book
3) Type in words that describe the subject of the book you'd like to use for this assignment.
4) If you want to only look at ebooks, click on Full Text Online on the left side of the results page.
5) If you want a physical book, click on Available in the Library on the left side of the results page.
Here are the requirements for books you can use for this assignment:
"Criteria for selecting a book to inspect: Your selection MUST be a NON-FICTION work (many students seem not to be able to make this distinction as every semester I receive submissions of both novels and poetry), it must be written by a single author (it should not have different chapters or essays written by different authors), it should NOT be an introductory text, and it should NOT be history or biography (that is, your selection should NOT be primarily descriptive); further, it must be a book you have NOT read before. Additionally, it should be a minimum of 100 pages in length."