Getting Started with Your Book Inspection Assignment
Ted Chodock, the class librarian, can help you find and borrow the physical book or access the ebook you need for this assignment. Please familiarize yourself with the assignment's requirements, posted in Canvas, before contacting him. Use the chat box below to ask him for assistance during his online office hours.
Virtual office hours for Spring 2023:
You can also email him: ted email@example.com to make an in-person or virtual appointment outside of office hours.
Set up a time to meet or email him with questions and he will respond within a day.
Also, any of the CSN librarians can help you find and borrow the books you need for this assignment. Use the chat box below or the email link, when chat isn't available, to get assistance.
Please note: If you need assistance quickly, please be sure to contact Ted before Friday at 4 pm. On weekends he does not check emails as frequently. Chat, however, is available during the weekend, on Saturday from 9 am - 5 pm and Sunday 11 am - 11 pm.
Using the CSN Libraries website, you can find a physical book or an ebook for this assignment. Here are the steps:
1) Go to the CSN Libraries homepage: https://library.csn.edu/
2) Click on the blue Find Books Tile to get to the Find Books webpage: https://library.csn.edu/find/book
3) Type in words that describe the subject of the book you'd like to use for this assignment.
4) If you want to only look at ebooks, click on Full Text Online on the left side of the results page.
5) If you want a physical book, click on Available in the Library on the left side of the results page.
Here are the requirements for books you can use for this assignment: "The book MUST be a NON-FICTION work by a single author. It should NOT be PRIMARILY descriptive (i.e., NOT history, biography, autobiography, memoir, etc.) but either persuasive (the author is making a case for their view) or practical (the author is telling you how to do something). AVOID introductory textbooks. The book should also be a work you have NOT read before."