Can I request current textbooks?
- No. Current textbooks and course materials can not be borrowed through InterLibrary Loan.
What are some examples of items I can request through InterLibrary Loan?
- Articles from journals, magazines & newspapers
- Book chapters (excluding chapters from textbooks)
- DVDs, CDs and audiobooks
- Government Documents
- Musical scores
Is there anything I can NOT request through InterLibrary Loan?
- Textbooks, electronic books and e-audiobooks can not be requested through InterLibrary Loan. There may be additional items that libraries will not lend.
What information do I need to request a book or an article?
- For books, at least the title and author.
- For articles, at least the publication title (journal, magazine or newspaper), year or volume, article title and article author. Page number is helpful.
I am a fully online, distance education student. Can I use Interlirbary Loan services?
- Yes! If you have no on-campus courses and are enrolled in CSN online courses, Interlibrary Loan will ship your request to your home with return packaging provided.
How long does it usually take to receive InterLibrary Loan materials?
- For physical materials like print books, usually 1 to 4 weeks.
- For articles and scanned materials (such as chapters from books) usually same day to 2 weeks.
How long can I keep InterLibrary Loan materials?
- Loan periods for most materials are determined by the lending library, but are usually 3 to 5 weeks. Due dates will be marked on your items.
- Photocopies and scans usually become your property to keep.
Where do I return my InterLibrary Loan materials?
- The materials you borrowed through InterLibrary Loan may be returned to any CSN Libraries circulation desk or the InterLibrary Loan window in the Charleston campus library.